Borough IT is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website and this policy sets out how we treat personal information collected through the Borough IT website.
Information we collect
The Borough IT website collects data through a feedback form allowing users to request information about Borough IT and the services provided. Borough IT collects data from users who request information, consisting of name and e-mail address, along with any other information provided by the user in the free-text comments box. Information so collected is used solely for the purpose of responding to the user request.
Borough IT may use collected IP addresses of users to help diagnose problems with the server and administer the website, to analyse trends, track user movement and use, and to gather broad demographic information. Such data is not linked to any personally identifiable information. Personal information provided by the user may also be collected for the purposes of internal marketing research, user trend studies and site-wide improvements. Such data will not be shared with third parties and is used solely to improve understanding of the Borough IT audience.
Borough IT may also collect information provided by the user for the purpose of subscribing to website services or email newsletters.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (string of letters and numbers) sent by a web server to a web browser which is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Many browsers allow you to reject all cookies or just third party cookies, however blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on your use of the website.
Data submitted to the site may be transferred within Borough IT, including to subsidiaries and approved third parties strictly in order to fulfil or expedite a user request. Data submitted to this site will not be shared or sold to any outside parties, unless specifically requested by the user.
Use of your personal information
- Administration of the Borough IT website;
- Improvement of the browsing experience through personalisation of the website;
- Enabling use of services on the website;
- Sending general commercial messages;
- Sending specifically requested email notifications;
- Sending the Borough IT newsletter or other marketing communications by post or email. You can opt-out from receiving further notifications at any point;
- Administration of complaints made by or about users in relation to use of the website;
- Fraud prevention;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing use of the Borough IT website.
Where users submit personal information through the Borough IT website, Borough IT will use that information in accordance with the licence provided to us by the user.
Borough IT will not, without express consent, provide personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Borough IT does not intentionally invite data from Juniors (users under the age of 13 years) to this site, but where we are aware of such submissions for educational purposes, we will treat such data as Sensitive Data. Data known to be from Juniors not specifically submitted for educational purposes will be deleted immediately.
Additionally we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Third Party Websites
The Borough IT website contains links to other websites. Borough IT takes no responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Security of personal information
Borough IT takes reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the personal information of visitors to the website.
Borough IT stores personal information collected through our website on secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
Visitors to the Borough IT website acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure and full responsibly for the security of data sent over the Internet cannot be taken by Borough IT.